Saturday, November 5, 2011

New to Bloging

As this is my first blog, I'm not really sure what to write as a first post.  My intention is to share my favorite things with those that choose to enjoy them.  I love to craft, DIY, cook/bake, and refurbish.  PINTREST is my new favorite website, and I hope one day someone will link my blog to pintrest.  One can hope. 


This is one of my recent projects, a T-Shirt quilt I made for a co-worker.  I think the result speaks for itself.  Bright, colorful, and very girly.  This was really hard to part with once it was completed. 


The best tip I can give to someone trying to do a t-shirt quilt is to be patient, save the scraps, and put fusible on the back of every block!! Save those scraps and use them to make headbands, fabric flowers, bracelets, etc, you will actually have a lot of left over fabric, and the fusible will keep the jersey of the t-shirt fabric from stretching and puckering as it is used (and loved)! 

Stay tuned and I will continue posting pictures of projects I've done, am working on, or would like to do.  Thanks!

:0) LindseyZ

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you do this quilt with a domestic machine? I love it and am planning on making one and hoping I can do it with my machine vs sending it off somewhere to be done.

    ReplyDelete